Taking treatments and going for surgery is among the most vital things one can do to cure pilonidal sinus but simple home remedies can also play a great role in fighting the disease. Here are few relieving home remedies. You can confirm it from your doctor and even the best doctor for pilonidal sinus in your eyes will refer the use of home remedies along with the treatment.
The continuous annoying pain is one of the biggest problems in the pilonidal sinus. To get relief from this pain, apply warm compresses on the affected area. It works effectively and also help in the fast drainage of pus which in turn enhances the speed of healing. For this –
– Soak cotton in hot water then wring out the excess water.
– Put it on the affected area and hold it for a few minutes.
– Do it three to four times every day until the fluid starts draining.
Epsom salt has several healing properties which reduce the cyst quickly. It has magnesium sulfate in it which can aid the discharge of pus from the cyst. To apply this –
– Add one tablespoon of salt in one or two cups of warm water. Soak a cotton ball in the solution, apply it on the affected area. Do it for 20 to 30 minutes and repeat it every day.
– You can also take a bath in Epsom salt mixed warm water.
It has antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which promote faster healing when oil penetrates deep into the skin.
– In a ratio of 1:10 mix tea tree oil with water.
– Apply it on the affected area & leave for 10 minutes.
– Now wash the area with lukewarm water and tap dry thoroughly.
– Do it two to three times daily.
The anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil, help relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
– Soak cotton in warm castor oil.
– Put it on the affected area and use a bandage to prevent it from removing.
– Do it two to three times every day. But don’t forget to use fresh cotton and fresh bandage each time.
– Follow the remedy until the cyst disappears.
Use any of the above-mentioned home remedies and you will see instant results. It will also support the basic treatment by increasing the healing process.